Your tax dollars and grant money at work! We are affiliated with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, who utilizes grants from TreeVitalize, a state program to restore tree cover in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We do request a small donation from tree recipients to cover our group's expenses.
Philadelphia Parks and Recreation chooses the species that are planted. A City Arborist will come out and inspect the site where the tree will be planted and determine which species is best for that location. All the trees that we plant are already preselected as “street trees” and can tolerate harsh urban conditions.
Anywhere that can accommodate a tree, this includes both street and yard tree locations. You may apply for multiple trees. All locations are inspected to determine if a tree can be planted. See restrictions below.
Yes, the business owner must fill out the request form.
You may request as many trees as your property can accommodate without overcrowding the trees. Other restrictions include:
· not in front of steps, doorways, or alleyways
· 15’ from light poles, utility poles and fire hydrants
· 30 feet from stop signs and street signs
· 15-30’ from other trees (depending on mature size and form)
· 30’ from street corners
· 5’ from driveways
· 5’ from man-hole covers, storm drains, and main utility lines